The segment of electric dirt bikes is heavily dominated by Razor, an American manufacturer of electric mobility vehicles. What is it that Razor does better as compared to other brands? Let’s discuss the unique selling proposition of electric dirt bikes Razor has made.
I’ll also cover my favorite electric dirt bike models of Razor in this article. So, bear with me till the end. Let’s begin!
History and Background of Razor Electric Bike
Carlton Calvin and the JD Corporation established Razor USA LLC, often simply called Razor, in Cerritos, California, in the year 2000. The company is not only known for manufacturing electric bikes, but it also offers other electric mobility vehicles such as scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, and turbo-powered heel wheels.
Razor electric bikes target people of all age groups. The company’s focus is on creating electric bikes for everyone out there. They have models for three-year-old kids as well as products that attract the elderly. Razor electric bikes are some of the best quality products on the market. They have been a leader in this segment for the last two decades.
4 Reasons Why Razor Electric Dirt Bikes Are the Best
Electric dirt bikes are a specific niche targeted by Razor. This niche seems to be doing pretty well for the American manufacturer. They dominate the electric dirt bike segment simply because their dirt bikes are the best. You can choose a model according to your liking from an elaborate catalog.
But what makes Razor electric dirt bikes so special? Let’s see!
1. A Model For Every Age Group
Razor has become a household brand of electric bikes due to this quality. Whenever they enter a specific niche of electric bikes, they have made a habit of offering multiple models within that segment. For instance, if you look at the range of electric dirt bikes offered by Razor, they are targeted at kids as young as five years to the elderly. The most basic SX125 dirt bike has a weight carrying capacity of 80 lbs, while the capacity goes up to 220 lbs for the MX650 dirt bike.
2. Authentic Dirt Bike Geometry
Another appealing quality of Razor electric dirt bikes is that their design is based on authentic dirt bikes. Any decent electric bike is laced with full suspension, pneumatic knobby tires, flexible geometry, and a high-standing frame. Razor dirt bikes have all these virtues. Razor dirt bikes have ample ground clearance and an agile yet stiff frame to ensure safety and stability while off-roading.
3. Plenty of Power
Razor electric dirt bikes feature powerful electric motors. The base models have 100W motors, while the high-end models come with 500W and 650W motors. One can argue that 100W isn’t sufficient power. However, the models powered by 100W motors are targeted at young kids. So, even 100W is enough for those models.
4. Loaded With Features
Razor electric dirt bikes are loaded with features. The company leaves no stone unturned in ensuring that its users have the safest and most comfortable rides. Some of the standard features on Razor electric dirt bikes are adjustable riser handlebars, retraceable kickstands, adjustable height seats, hand-operated disc brakes, soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, and shatter-resistant plastic fairings.
More article: Best Electric Dirt Bikes for Adults.
Top 5 Electric Dirt Bikes By Razor
Multiple models of electric dirt bikes are offered by Razor. Let us know more about the top 5 electric dirt bikes by Razor!
1. Razor Miniature Dirt Rocket MX125 Electric Dirt Bike For Kids
- Top Speed: 8 mph
- Range: up to 40 minutes
- Motor: 100 w
- Weight: 29.7 lbs
- Load: 110 lbs
Is one of the best electric dirt bikes for young kids between the age of 7 and 10. Razor MX125 Dirt Rocket has all the attributes to become your kid’s introduction to adventure. We cannot argue that it doesn’t have quite the acceleration as it is originally designed for kids. The motor power and speed have been intentionally kept down for safety reasons.
- Razor MX125 is a miniaturized version of an authentic dirt bike.
- It has a maximum load-carrying capacity of up to 80 lbs.
- The Razor MX125 electric dirt bike features a 100W motor that can propel you to a top speed of up to 8 mph.
- It features a crossbar reinforced handlebar, spoked wheels with 12″ tires, a retractable kickstand, and a hand-operated rear brake.
- MX125 is equipped with a single 12V lead-acid battery.
- Razor MX125 e-bike can go up to 5 miles on a single charge and offers a continuous riding time of 40 minutes or more.
2. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Dirt Bike For Kids and Teens
Razor MX350 is a great option for medium-weighing teenagers and skinny adults. There are several customizable features of this dirt bike which include adjustable seat height and riser handlebars. These features make it a true dirt bike. It is also one of the most affordable electric dirt bikes on the market. You can check out our article on the cheapest electric dirt bikes as well.
- Razor MX350 electric dirt bike weighs 48.92 lbs while it has a maximum load-carrying capacity of up to 140 lbs.
- It is equipped with two 12V lead-acid batteries. The battery can be charged in 12 hours using a regular home socket.
- Razor MX350 e-bike can go up to 7 miles on a single charge and offers a continuous riding time of 30 minutes or more.
- The Razor MX350 electric dirt bike features a 350W brushless motor that can propel you to a top speed of up to 14 mph.
3. Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Dirt Bike For Adults
If you’re looking to step up your game, Razor has got just the right product for you. The MX650 electric dirt bike features a powerful 650-watt motor that offers swift acceleration. The bike comes with additional features on the side, including 16” and 14” pneumatic knobby tires, a retractable kickstand, and adjustable riser handlebars that riders can customize to match their height.
- Razor MX650 has authentic dirt bike frame geometry.
- It has a maximum load-carrying capacity of up to 220 lbs.
- The powerful 650W motor of the Razor MX650 electric dirt bike enables you to reach a top speed of up to 17 mph.
- The MX650 features disc brakes on both the front and rear wheels, operated conveniently with a hand lever.
- Equipped with two 12V lead-acid batteries, the MX650’s battery can be charged in about 10 hours.
- Razor MX650 e-bike can go up to 10 miles on a single charge and offers a continuous riding time of 40 minutes or more.
4. Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Dirt Bike For Adults and Teens
Razor MX500 is another great prospect in the category of cheap dirt electric bikes for adults. It is powered by a high-torque electric motor to help you on off-road tracks. Razor MX500 electric dirt bike features soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, shatter-resistant plastic fairings, a double crown fork, and a retractable kickstand.
- Razor MX500 comes in an extremely compact size.
- It has a maximum load-carrying capacity of up to 175 lbs.
- The Razor MX500 electric dirt bike features a 650W electric motor that can propel you to a top speed of 15 mph.
- Experts recommend this electric dirt bike for teens over 14 years old.
- The MX500 comes equipped with dual-disc brakes.
- It also includes three 12V lead-acid batteries with a charging time of about 12 hours.
- Razor MX500 e-bike can go up to 10 miles on a single charge and offers a continuous riding time of 40 minutes or more.
5. Razor SX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Dirt Bike For Adults and Teens
- Top Speed: 15 mph
- Range: up to 40 minutes
- Motor: 500 w
- Weight: 95.7 lbs
- Load: 175 lbs
SX500 draws inspiration from the motorbike design of Jeremy McGrath, renowned as the King of Supercross and the winningest motocross rider in history. The bike comes with hand-operated dual-disc brakes for the rider’s safety. Additionally, Razor SX500 features dual suspension and riser handlebars to enhance riding comfort.
- Razor SX500 e-bike can carry a load of up to 175 lbs.
- It is equipped with three 12V lead-acid batteries.
- The Razor SX500 electric dirt bike features a powerful 500W motor that can propel you to a top speed of up to 15 mph.
- The Razor SX500 e-bike offers a continuous riding time of 40 minutes.
- Razor SX500 electric dirt bike features authentic McGrath graphics, fairing design, large pneumatic knobby tires, and a retractable kickstand.
Final Word, Top 5 Electric Dirt Bikes By Razor
Razor has emerged as a global leader in electric mobility vehicle manufacturing over the past two decades. The company has sold millions of electric scooters and bikes over this period.
However, electric dirt bike is one niche where Razor has always dominated. This is primarily because Razor electric dirt bikes provide ample power, come loaded with features, and target audiences of all age groups.
I’ve also listed the top 5 models of electric dirt bikes by Razor. You can choose one according to your liking and preference.
Which is your favorite electric dirt bike brand? Let us know in the comments below!