Electric bikes are a great means for general urban commuting, providing an eco-friendly mode of transportation. A folding e-bike, lightweight and loaded with features, can become your best travel partner. Keeping this in mind, I’ve found the 5 best lightweight folding e-bikes for you in this article.
So, without further ado, let’s begin!
Top Lightweight Folding E-Bikes
1. Jetson LX10 Folding Electric Bike – Weighing Only 36 lbs.
Jetson LX10 is the lightest and most convenient folding electric bike you will find on the market. It features an easy two-step folding mechanism. Its admirable features and a super-lightweight of 36 lbs are amazing. The design of the Jetson LX10 folding electric bike is very unique. It has a unibody frame with batteries embedded inside it. LX10 is an e-bike of its kind.
- Jetson LX10 features an easily foldable design.
- Although Jetson LX10 folding electric bike weighs 36 lbs, it can carry a load of up to 260 lbs.
- It is laced with a 250-watt hub motor on the rear wheel that can get you to a top speed of up to 15.5 mph.
- LX10 folding e-bike can give you a range of 48 miles.
- It comes with concealed and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
- LED headlights and taillights have been added to the LX10 electric bike. This improves the night visibility of the rider.
- Dual disc brakes are there to make your rides safer.
Looking for an eco-friendly and affordable way to commute? Check out the Jetson E Bike! Here are five reasons why it’s a great investment.
2. Swagtron Swagcycle EB-5 Folding Electric Bike – Weighing Only 37 lbs.
Next up on the list of light folding e-bikes, we have the Swagtron Swagcycle EB-5. Though it weighs only a pound more than the LX10 e-bike, its design is much more convenient and suitable for riding. The best part about Swagcycle EB-5 is that it is delivered to your doorstep, fully assembled. So you don’t have to go through complex assembly procedures.
- The bike weighs 37 lbs, but it can carry a load of 264 lbs.
- While folded, the length, width, and height of the Swagcycle EB-5 electric bike are 29.8, 23.9, and 14.9 inches.
- Swagcycle EB-5 has a top speed of up to 15.5 mph.
- It can climb a slope of 30% with ease.
- Swagcycle EB-5 is laced with 280.8 Wh lithium-ion batteries.
- The auto-guard technology of Swagtron will disengage the motor as soon as you hit the brakes. This gives a shorter braking distance.
- Swagcycle EB-5 has a range of 15.5 miles in purely electric mode.
- It takes only 4-5 hours to fully recharge its batteries.
- Swagcycle EB-5 comes with height adjustable seat and handlebar. This adds comfort and gives you more control.
3. ONEBOT S2 Folding Electric Bicycle – Weighing Only 39 lbs.
Short, sweet, and simple is the S2 folding electric bike by Onebot. The reason why the S2 e-bike is so lightweight is because of its manufacturing process. Just like a Tesla body, the S2 frame is extruded in a single stroke. There are no welding joints adding weight to the frame. Plus, the choice of magnesium alloy instead of aluminum reduces some weight.
- Onebot S2 folding electric bike weighs only 39 lbs.
- It can carry a load of up to 220 lbs.
- S2 electric bike has a convenient and concise foldable design. In two steps, the height of this bike is reduced to almost half.
- The S2 folding bike offers features such as an adjustable seat and handlebar. It ensures long-term riding comfort.
- While folded, the length, width, and height of the Onebot S2 folding electric bike become 45.6, 23.2, and 25.9 inches.
- Onebot folding bike has a top speed of up to 15.5 mph.
- Onebot S2 folding electric bike is laced with three sets of 2,000 mAh lithium-ion batteries which give you a longer range.
4. Jetson Bolt Folding Electric Bike – Weighing Only 40 lbs.
When it comes to making small and lightweight electric bikes, no one does it better than Jetson. Bolt folding electric bike is yet another premium offering by the company. Just like LX10, Bolt denies the traditional design norms and features a unique outlook.
- Jetson Bolt folding electric bike weighs only 40 lbs.
- It has a convenient carry handle in the middle of the frame.
- The aluminum-alloy frame is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- Jetson Bolt can support a load of up to 250 lbs.
- The 250W motor can get you to a top speed of 15.5 mph.
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack of Jetson Bolt gives you a cruising range of up to 15 miles.
- It is laced with LED headlights and taillights to ensure rider visibility during nighttime for a safer riding experience.
- Things like footpegs and an LCD display are additional benefits.
5. DYU D3F 14″ Folding Electric Bicycle – Weighing Only 41 lbs.
The design of the DYU D3F folding electric bike is a mixture of Jetson Bolt and LX10. However, it offers a better range than both these e-bikes. The lightweight frame, high-capacity battery pack, and loads of features make DYU D3F electric bike a great daily commuter.
- DYU D3F bike weighs only 41 lbs, all thanks to the lightweight frame that is crafted from aluminum alloys.
- It offers up to three different modes of riding.
- DYU D3F is laced with a 36V and 10 Ah lithium-ion battery pack that can be recharged in 4-6 hours only.
- It can give you a range of up to 40 miles in pedal assist mode.
- DYU D3F comes with a cruise control function that is automatically activated if you keep the same speed for 8 seconds.
Final Word, Lightweight Folding E-Bikes
A lightweight folding e-bike is very easy to handle and carry around. You can take it along with you on a bus or a train. While in school, you can keep it under the desk. These bikes are very convenient and feature an easy-to-fold function. I’ve listed the 5 best lightweight folding e-bikes in this article that carry all these qualities. Which one of these five options you liked? Let us know in the comments below!